15 Apr 2014

little wren


Lately my world has been a happy, messy jumble of vintage fabrics, pins and too many ideas.  On good days there have been pastel woodland fairies to photograph, on others, nasty arguments with Photoshop.  Doubt and hope vie for top ranks in my attention but always the fire in my belly burns steadily. All the ideals I hold so dear are culminating into this, my little online shop.

In Summer when my girl asked for a new nightie I obliged her with a trip to the shops. Reeling from the garish colours, inappropriate slogans and unforgiving fabrics we shared a milkshake in defeat and headed home empty handed. In the essence of "making do" we scoured my cupboard of vintage fabrics, mocked up a little pattern and made one ourselves. And so little wren was born.

A collection of childrens' * sleepwear using butter soft, vintage cottons and flannelettes, and fuss free, simple designs that hint at a time when children ran freely and played cricket in the street. Cool, flowy and breathable.  Recycled, whimsical and beautiful. And at it's core, my ideals of sustainability, reusing and recycling, and comfort in harmony with beauty. With every step of this small venture I will endeavour to weave my philosophies of life; to tread gently on this planet.

This project is very close to my heart, I hope you enjoy it.

Steph x

* a boy's range is in the pipeline

23 comments:

  1. Have loved seeing these pop up on instagram! Just beautiful :) All the best in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet lady! It's all new, exciting and scary as hell all wrapped into one. Hope your week is a lovely one :) xx

      Delete
  2. So lovely, your creations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly thrilled to see this delightful dream of yours come true, beautiful lady. Your truth, your determination and your authenticity is woven into every stitch of these stunning creations. So incredibly proud of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh, this is lovely, I made my children nighties and dresses from fabrics such as this, old sheets and table cloths, the best! I didn't think anyone did this anymore, I 'm so glad to see this, its wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you on opening your shop! i am swooning over each beautiful piece and all the lovely prints. i wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to you on opening your shop! i am swooning over all the beautiful pieces and sweet prints - they are magical. all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph these are so beautiful! Any chance of venturing past size 5? My girl is so tall and dangle and grows ever so fast. You can't go past a breezy cotton nightie on girls in summer time. Loving the vintage prints.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Flowy, cool summer nighties were the very reason I began this adventure. I am in the process of drafting bigger patterns so I'll keep you posted. Much love xx

      Delete
    2. Oh perfect! I'll be waiting for them :)

      Delete
  8. Her little pj's are so cute! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How delightful :) Do you have perchance any flannel for the cooler nights coming up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lovely! The Phyllis nightie is a deliciously soft flannelette (http://littlewren.bigcartel.com/product/phillis-nightie-flannelette) Hope all is lovely xx

      Delete
    2. Brilliant! Will order next pay - how perfect :)

      Delete
  10. Oh they are finally here and they are gorgeous. Congratulations Steph. I'm looking forward to getting one for my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Steph! Beautiful garments and you daughter is a gorgeous model. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. It is lovely to see you back in the world of selling. I wish they were a little bigger so I could fit into them (or even A)
    Looking forward to seeing what else you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Steph your creations are just stunning.
    Congratulations of opening up a little shop of your own. I'm sure you'll do very well with it.
    Sourcing boy friendly fabrics must be a bit trickier. I rarely come across any.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've just stumbled onto your blog and loved these fabrics, the pattern and philosophy behind it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A belated congratulations from me Steph! What a wonderful venture!
    Ronnie xo
    p.s. Excited to hear about a boy's range. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x