2 Mar 2014

reflecting


connecting -  I stumbled on a box filled with old love letters from my beloved. It was a beautiful reminder of where our journey started and the foundation on which this family was built. 

nourishing -  Homemade custard in wide necked glass bottles are ever present in the fridge at the moment. 

reading -  Thumbing through my food stained copy of An Everlasting Meal. I adore how Tamar Adler weaves her culinary words with passion and elegance. It never fails to inspire. 

creating -  Clearing out my wardrobe and mending all the things that are too long, don't quite fit, or need a button sewed on. So many things languishing in the cupboard...

nurturing -  The cooler mornings herald Autumn's arrival and it's lovely to wake before anyone else, dress in a light robe and savour a hot cup of tea. 

growing -  We're planning our Autumnal garden. Perhaps some leeks and broad beans. 

listening -  I'm slowly getting used to the quiet in the house when one baby is at school and the other is sleeping. I think I kind of like it.

Steph x

3 comments:

  1. ahh...the quiet...i love it, but i know when they're all at school i will miss the chaotic noise that the three of them make as they tear about the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That solitude when you wake up before everyone else is so precious! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to get used to the quiet days myself :) I am liking the "me" time though... Is that bad to admit?

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x