26 Mar 2014

kisses


Thoughts of her ways play peek-a-boo with me during the day. Just as she would pop out unexpected from the clothes basket, wisps of my girl show themselves, make me smile and then swirl off into the day to day like leaves on the breeze.

Her "too loud" singing voice, the way tiny flecks of dirt embellish her part line from the many tumbles in the playground, the snips of paper everywhere,her insatiable love of olives, the fire in her belly.  The way she closes her eyes and purses her lips before leaning in for a kiss. Kisses I'm missing terribly; she says she's missing them too.

So I made a little envelope for them. A long, vintage doily carefully folded and sewn into place now provides a safe way to transport precious kisses to school.  They lay quietly, wrapped in linen and embroidery if she may ever need them. Perhaps I might need to make another one for me.

Steph x

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea :) I miss my Sunny's kisses during the day too. Beautiful embroidery Steph.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is lovely, perfectly lovely, you do need one for you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Such a gorgeous little 'kiss holder' and such beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The separation is so painful. Tamika is now 21 and I still remember my angst at her going to school

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, its just so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just too beautiful, Flick x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful and yes, I think one for mumma too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words. Beautiful sentiment. Beautiful envelope. Beautiful photograph. Just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x