21 Mar 2011

Fancy Pants - Underwear as Outerwear?

A recent spot of vintage shopping saw this heavenly little silk slip simply just pop itself into my bag! What was a girl to do?

Now confession time! I have rather a quirky habit of collecting gorgeous vintage slips for....well...who knows what for!

Most of them are too see through to do anything with besides parade around the house wearing fluffy high heeled mules drinking martinis. Well the high heeled slippers are never going to happen and martinis...well let's just say that been there...done that....still remember the suffering!!

But this little lacy one....well I just might get away with it teamed with a funky cuff care of my man (note...birds again!) , plaited leather belt and my absolute fave studded Sportsgirl sandals (I have almost worn away the sole...twice!). Mmmm.....not sure? Perhaps I need a slip under my slip....mon dieu!
I'm playing along with this gorgeous fashionista today.


8 comments:

  1. so pretty, love the idea of under as outer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS. The lace with the tough stud shoes. Awesome girl. Maybe you do need a slip for your slip but wear it as a skirt... they're too pretty to wear just at home with your martinis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling sweet Steph - Look at you!!! Pardon me whilst I need a lie down to recuperate from such stunning-ness! I love the slip - what a gorgeous, colour, length and style - no wonder it fell into your bag!!! I always think if it doesn't do a Diana circa 1980 when you could see through her skirt way back then, then it's definitely outerwear! Such as this.

    Hmmmm me think i need to get me to Sportsgirl to grab a pair of those studded sandals pronto


    Have fun with that outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty!!! Very elegant :-)
    And so love that birdie cuff!!
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty on you Steph, gorgeous as ever, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Steph, you look fabulous! I love a good buy, that also looks gorgeous! Your style is so eclectic - I wish I could pull this together and have it look as good as it does on you. And that cuff (you man has good taste, what can I say?) and those shoes. Funky!

    I'm so thrilled you linked up again this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great on you. Thanks for the catch up today and the coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is stunning and the bracelet...you can really pull an outfit together!!

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x