5 Feb 2011

Grateful for....My Momle and Falof


When we bought this house I lovingly nicknamed it the "house of sheds" as the entire backyard was a virtual labyrinth of sheds, bird cages and little nooks and caverns. As time wore on the name stayed but the love of the monstrosity that was my backyard waned. Some of the bird cages came down before the poppet came but two sheds and an acre of concrete remained!! That is until today.


Without notice my Mumma Bear and Papa Bear arrived mid morning as Hubby began the arduous and trés hot task of gutting the first shed (oh yes, the previous owner was a toiling fellow who liked to line all of his wee buildings with chipboard using a veritable assortment of screws, nails, bolts etc.) before pulling it down. Falof knew Hubby was in shed demo mode and thought he might need a hand. They have been here more weekends than I can count. From the initial carpet ripping up time the day the house settled to the countless hours of Mum painting and Dad relentlessly chipping off layer upon layer of lino in the kitchen as we swanned around Paris on a European adventure!


They have always shown their unfailing love and support for me regardless of my many loony ideas (including this mammoth task we call house renovating!) and for them I am so very grateful! Love ya to the moon and back Momle and Falof!!!

To see what other love is zooming around the web today pop over to Maxabella loves.


12 comments:

  1. Wow a backyard full of sheds?! The previous owners must've had a lot of junk. Looks like there will be a ton of space for your daughter to run around now. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love one of those sheds! Send it over!

    But yay for you! Think of all the fruit, flowers and vegies you can plant now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful parents, you're so lucky!! My parents were in their 40s when i came along so not very actively helpful with anything (including children) sigh, oh well, we had them all in our 20s so we'll be different.
    Surely your tough Australian husband enjoys the title of "two sheds" non?? We don't have a shed, so shed envy. No wait, we're going to build a whole barn!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a lot of work.. I get trés hot just looking at your photos. Great to have lots of help with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet card arrived yesterday and we have displayed it on the table next to our white jugs and a bunch of white flowers...thank you so much...it made our afternoon and the hot walk out to the letter box was well worth the trip! x see you both soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incrediably thoughful of them to just *know* what you needed and then to follow through with the actual help! Great folks you've got there :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely story!!! I love that you had the vision and could see love in that place even with all those sheds!! Your mum and dad sound like a dream and I can tell they have a wonderful spirit - hmmm now I know where you get your kindness and generosity!!! have a wonderul rest of your week enjoying your "shed-less" backyard!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks gorgeous. Is that a little clothesline I see for your little one to hang out her washing?? Cute! And, yes, god bless your parents, isn't this a special time in your life when your relationship with them grows in a whole new direction since the arrival of grandchildren?! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Parents are great like that aren't they! Your back steps look very nice and I am sure that quite soon the rest of your yard will be lovely too. Cute kids clotheline! I had one just like it as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds as though your parents are the real renovators! My parents have always lived to far away to be of any practical help around the house...you are very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn'tit great to have great parents. I just wish that mine lived closer:)
    How hot has it been. Hope that you managed to keep up the cool drinks to them. Oh and those steps - The last time I ventured out the back of your place there were no steps - Yay:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lucky you - so great you appreciate it too x

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x