15 Jul 2010

Mon Espace Créateur - { My Creative Space }


I adored weekend mornings when I was a child as it was the only time in the week that my brother and I were allowed to watch morning television. As Mum and Dad had a wee sleep in we kidlets would sneak into the lounge room, turn on the t.v. (sound down low) and huddle up close to the box to watch the cartoons.


Now I was a bit of a cartoon connoisseur in my day! I could take or leave your Road Runner (in fact I used to cheer on the poor old coyote...if that utterly annoying bird went beep beep one more time....). Astro Boy...nah! (Sorry Hubby! Apparently his fave as a youngin). And yabba dabba do-ing Fred Flinstone was a little on the grating side. How did Wilma put up with him?


But soon as I heard the words, "♪ ♫ Meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy, Jane his wife.... ♫" (are you singing along...I know you are!) I'd sit up straight and prepare myself for another wholesome galactic adventure.

Well what the Jetsons were to me as a child, Ben 10 is to my gorgeous nephew Patrick! So what could a crafty auntie make for a "growing grey hair, soon to be off to uni 7 year old far too mature for softies I'm sure" little man? A Ben 10 Alien Force costume of course! I just googled a piccie and then set about tracing a fitted jacket of mine and a pair of skinny jeans. I didn't allow a seam allowance so they'd turn out smaller. A felt number 10 and an omnitrix (Ben 10's amazing alien morphing watch) from Nana and Grandfather and Patrick turned into Ben himself before our very eyes.

Now please head off to kootoyoo and have a peak at all the other creative spaces out there this week. I'm feeling a morph coming on...... ♪ ♫meet Echo Echo, his friend Stink Blast, enemy Up Chuck ♫....see mate I'm trying!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my boys love Ben 10! You've done a great job on the suit...yes I am making the crafty minx blanky, I'd been wanting to do it fo ages & then when I saw yours I just had to get busy, it looks so cosy, can't wait to put it together...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys have littered my house with thier ben ten toys and would be so jealous!! Lucky nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cool Aunt:) Looks great and I am sue he will get lots of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - what a lucky nephew to have such a talented dedicated Aunty! I have to say that i remember sneaking through the house on Sunday too - snuggled up with my bro to watch some 'toons - I did like Astro boy though, and we loved fraggle rock...do you remember that one....'down at fraggle rock, (clap clap)' oh how simple life was - great outfit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he looks sooooooo cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I was singing along, now I can't get the Jetson's out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creation - you can see your nephew likes it!

    Thanks for vising my blog and commenting - always nice to hear from people :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great costume...and what a fab aunty you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! The felted 10 was a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome gift. So evident from the pictures that he LOVES it. Well done aunty - 10/10.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great costume. I really thought Ben 10 was on the lawn! Clever Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Steph---you rock! He must be thrilled with his new costume! What a great gift...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ben 10 is a winner!! My boys love him as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Steph, my Junior Crafter is SO impressed with your Ben10 costume, she wants me to make one for her little brother! If only I had your talent for making garments from a picture and a tracing! Great job with the costume, I bet your nephew is loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Your words brighten my day! Thank-you so much for joining me on my adventure. x